Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Holy Jet Lag!

I left Boston in the evening of December 26 and after a stop-over in London, arrived in Delhi in the early hours of December 28.  I managed to sleep a good deal on the plane and the fact that it took two calendar days to arrive probably helped to mitigate the effects of jet lag on the way to India -- not to mention the most activity required of me in the first few days was finding a suitable spot on the beach to take a nap..

Fast-forward to my return home.  Wow!  I've definitely felt that time difference over the past 2 days. 

The time change is incredible.  When I woke up for breakfast on Sunday morning (before my flight), the Patriots were JUST kicking off the first quarter of their game against the Broncos.  I managed to follow the game on my phone until part way through the 3rd, when my cab got me to take my to my 12:30 pm flight.  That night at 10 pm, I was back in Boston... although for me it was more like 8:30 Monday morning. 

I got a good sleep Sunday night and Monday felt fine, but around 8 or so, I decided to take a quick "power" nap.  The power nap ended at 1:20 am with me fully clothed with all the lights on in my apartment.  Just like that almost 4 and a half hours had passed.  Today was similar, fine all day, "quick nap" around 6 and then woke up at 9:40pm.  Missed dinner and drinks with friends again and now it's midnight and I am WIDE awake. 

I feel like a narcoleptic... hopefully everything'll be back on a normal schedule soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment